Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find a list of complete and very practical answers. Don’t forget, our experts are best placed to answer your questions.

What documents do I need in order to take my test?

You’ll need ID proof (government-issued ID or school ID), a WA ID #

What forms of payment are accepted?

We accept all major credit cards, cash, money order but no personal checks.

Is Bal Driving School a certified driving school?

Yes, Bal Driving School is a certified driving school. Our Washington driving school license number is 723 (Mt Vernon) and 1009 (Bellingham).

Are all instructors state-certified and background checked?

Absolutely! All instructors go through a rigorous process that includes an extensive background check, testing, and state certification.

What car is used for driver training lessons?

All training is done in a Bal Driving School car that is equipped with a brake and rearview mirror on the instructor’s side.

Are the training vehicles fully insured and licensed?

Yes. We have the required insurance to be compliant with state laws.

What should I bring and wear for my lesson?

The student must have their learner’s permit with them

Can I take my lesson on your testing route?

No, lessons will not be conducted on the testing route.

What are the Driver licensing fees?

All driver’s license fees can be found on the DOL website.

What holidays does your company observe?

Our company observes the following holidays:

  • New Year’s Day
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day